Tuesday 11 November 2014

Adventures in Cosplay: Mabel Pines

So the weekend of the 8th and 9th of November 2014 was Cardiff Film and Comic Con so I decided to get creative and sew onto a jumper to create a jumper worn by a character called Mabel Pines on the Disney cartoon, Gravity Falls.


So lets see how the jumper turned out!


 
This was all super fun to make, though I wish I'd had access to a sewing machine. Doing all of it by hand took so long but I'm happy with it! All the fabrics sewn on were from old shirts I had planned to get rid of anyway so I'm glad I got to reuse those. I might add some more stars to the sleeves in the future if I reuse it.

Also as a side note, the jumper doesn't light up like in the show. It was a safety hazard and a fun hazard!

I also made some Mabel-notes I found from the show which I gave to a few people who recognised me. I rigged it.
Now to go win a pet pig...

No comments:

Post a Comment