Tuesday 3 March 2015

My Favourite Author Promoted My Uni Work

In January I uploaded a post about part of my major uni project, an environment and character based on the book series 'The Saga of Darren Shan'. 

I tweeted about this post as I usually do and I was shocked to see the books' author, Darren Shan, had retweeted me. This gave me a boost in hits to the blog and also made me incredibly happy.

I remember screaming something along the lines of "MY FAVOURITE AUTHOR READ MY BLOG OH WOW" It looked something like this:


So I thought that was the end of it. But flash forward to the end of February when I was told about Darren Shan writing a small post about my project on his Facebook page. I still haven't stopped freaking out over this. Don't think I'll ever stop.

Seeing the retweet was awesome but in this post he actually wrote an opinion about my work  and shared the link to this blog (admittedly while confusing me for a male, but that's always happened to me, so it's all good).


Due to the Facebook post I have had over 1000 additional visitors to this blog and I have been overwhelmed with the support and comments about my uni work.

It's really motivating to have so many people see the work I'm trying to create and to be so positive! I'm currently in the production stage of the project so in a few months I'll be able to show the final work. And who knows, maybe Darren Shan will see that too! (I really hope so.)

Thank you to everyone supporting this blog and this project, it means so much to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment